Sprint Health gadget does not reflect the scope change

Yugank Bhatnagar July 19, 2017

Hi

Though I have the scope change recorded in the Burndown Chart but when I added the Sprint Health gadget it doesnt reflect the Scope change instead shows 0 %. I did find a defect JSWSERVER-14757 logged but it is still Unresoved.

I believe that Atlassian should increase the Priority on the defect from Low to High as the Gadget is giving wrong information regarding a sprint and scope change is a crucial piece of information.

2 answers

1 vote
Gabriel Mello January 22, 2021

The board Estimation Statistic must be set as 'Story Points'. If this field is set as 'Original Time Estimate' for example, scope changes won't be reflected on Sprint Health gadget.

To check it:

1. Access the Board page
  2. Click on 'Configure' on the top right
  3. Go to 'Estimation' section
  4. Set Estimation Static as 'Story Points'
0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

I would recommend commenting to that ticket directly:  JSWSERVER-14757

There is no guarantee this will be fixed, but explaining why this bug is a problem in your environment might help the development team and product management to increase the visibility of this issue.

I would also expect that this issue might be a low priority right now because relatively few users have reported encountering it.   The more reports from customers that come into support can help Atlassian prioritize issues to work on better.   I would also recommend reviewing the Atlassian Bug Fixing Policy - Support - Atlassian Documentation to better understand how Atlassian priortizes bugs.

Amanda Stanley September 28, 2018

Hi Andrew,

I am still seeing this problem as well.  I am unable to add any comments to that ticket. Is there a reason why I cannot add a comment? 

Thank you!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2018

You should be able to comment to that ticket, provided you are logged into that site.  You should be able to use the same login credentials on that site as you use to login to this site.  Both sites are using the https://id.atlassian.com site.  You can try to login to that site first and then in the same browser try to visit https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-14757 link.   You should then be able to add a comment to that ticket.

Suggest an answer