Sprint Create Event

Manikandan K November 7, 2017

How to use Sprint Started Event in the scriptrunner to create an issue during the start of the Sprint ?

Please provide the details

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2017

Hi Manikandan,

The script below will create an issue and it will add it to the sprint that started and triggered the event.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.config.PriorityManager

def issueFactory = ComponentAccessor.getIssueFactory()
def loggedInUser = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUser

def newIssue = issueFactory.getIssue()
def project = ComponentAccessor.projectManager.getProjectByCurrentKey("SSPA")
def bugIssueType = ComponentAccessor.constantsManager.getAllIssueTypeObjects().find { it.getName() == "Bug" }
def highPriority = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(PriorityManager).getPriority("High")
def reporter = ComponentAccessor.userManager.getUserByKey("anuser")
def sprintCF = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Sprint")

newIssue.setSummary("A summary")
newIssue.setProjectObject(project)
newIssue.setIssueType(bugIssueType)
newIssue.setPriority(highPriority)
newIssue.setReporter(reporter)
newIssue.setCustomFieldValue(sprintCF, [event.sprint]) //add the issue to the sprint that just started and triggered the event
//... any other fields

Map<String,Object> newIssueParams = ["issue" : newIssue] as Map<String,Object>
ComponentAccessor.issueManager.createIssueObject(loggedInUser, newIssueParams)

So eventually your listener will listen for Sprint Started event and the script will be the above.

I'll agree with Anton that a use case will be more helpful. 

PS. In your question's title you say sprint create event which is a different event than the Sprint Started Event.

So your custom script listener will look like  

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 15.47.30.png

Hope that helps,

Thanos

Manikandan K November 8, 2017

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ - Thanks this helps to move forward.

I receive below error after configuration.Let me know your suggestions

Time (on server): Wed Nov 08 2017 15:31:58 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

The following log information was produced by this execution. Use statements like:log.info("...") to record logging information.

2017-11-08 20:31:58,570 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: *************************************************************************************
2017-11-08 20:31:58,570 ERROR [runner.AbstractScriptListener]: Script function failed on event: com.atlassian.greenhopper.api.events.sprint.SprintStartedEvent, script: com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.FireEventWhen
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The issue object was not available in the binding, perhaps called from an event handler with a non-issue event
 at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.workflow.postfunctions.FireEventWhen.doScript(FireEventWhen.groovy:72)

Cancelscript.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hey Manikandan,

The listener should be a Custom Listener

Like Harish_Kumar likes this
Manikandan K November 9, 2017

Thanks @Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_. It worked.

Christian Bär February 6, 2018

I have a similar requirement but unfortunatly can't find any Sprint..Event.
I'm using Jira Software 7.0.4. with ScriptRunner 5.1.6

Did this event appear with a later version?

Regards,

Christian

nick.rozhdestvensky February 21, 2019

@Christian Bär do you solve "event.sprint" problem?

@Manikandan K

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ custom listener dosn't work for me.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2019

Hi @Christian Bär (sorry for the late response) and @nick.rozhdestvensky 

What if you navigate at <base_url>/rest/scriptrunner/latest/events?perRepo=false, do you see any Jira Software events ?

Also can you please clarify what you mean when you say "the script doesn't work for you", in which sense ? Do you get any errors in your application logs ?

nick.rozhdestvensky February 21, 2019

Hi @Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ 

do you see any Jira Software events ?

Yes, a lot.

Do you get any errors in your application logs ?

In line "event.sprint" I have an error "No such property: sprint for class: com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent". Becase SR's binding event is IssueEvent type.

Christian Bär February 21, 2019

Hi all, 
I do not remember where I needed it and if, how I solved it - unfortunately.

Hm, I think I used a button somehow to trigger my code manually. 

But I remember that I did not see any Sprint...Event as given in the screenshot above, so that was my question then.

But thanks for the hints,  even if late ;-)

Cheers, Christian

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Hi @nick.rozhdestvensky 

Ok I see, so this is a 'false' alarm because of the Static Type Checking

therefore you can either ignore it, or you can cast the event variable to the right type. Something like 

import com.atlassian.greenhopper.api.events.sprint.AbstractSprintEvent

def event = event as AbstractSprintEvent
nick.rozhdestvensky February 22, 2019

Hi @Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ 

I've found the same solution some hours ago :)

All works well.

Harish_Kumar April 17, 2020

@Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_Hi can you please help me on . When a user clicks on sprint complete button . In the back end a field Goal is set to some text data programmatically . Can you help me on this thanks. Harish

thanks

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Am i right - you want to create issue in some project when clicked "Start sprint" on the board?

Could you please provide more details - what problem are you trying to solve?

Manikandan K November 8, 2017

Yes. You are right. I would like to create an issue, when i click Start Sprint. a Default issue type "Feature" will be added to the Sprint. 

I tried its not working as expected in the script runner. Need some help on it

script.jpg

Sai Praveen Aminigadda October 16, 2019

Sorry for adding this comment now, I'm trying to achieve the same thing but I'm getting the following error at 16Screenshot (522).png. please help

Screenshot (521).png

Suggest an answer