Sprint Closing and Spillover Management

muneet.bakshi August 28, 2020

Hi, Looking for some advice on issue spillover management. When we close a sprint we move all open issues that are in progress to a spill over Sprint which is always active we then ask the teams to clean up the spillover items and move them back or forward to an active sprint. Teams are not thrilled about going to a report to open a closed sprint before reassigning issues from the spillover to a closed sprint. How can I make this simpler for the team? There are also questions about why the spillover stories have two sprint assignments: the closed sprint and the spillover sprint. Any help will be appreactiated.

1 answer

0 votes
Hitesh.Kumar May 11, 2021

Hi @muneet.bakshi , 

I am trying to understand what you have mentioned here, please help me out, 

So you start SPRINT ABC-1, with 100 stories, by the end of the sprint you have 70 items closed, the other 30 are still in progress. which would be candidates for SPRINT ABC-2 along with other new 70 tickets. 
Let's say it was 2-week sprint ( 10 days ) 
Now, you also have SPRINT running ALWAYS, named spillover. those 30 tickets get assigned to SPILLOVER and SPRINT ABC-2 both??

Can you help me understand when does the team starts the work on those spillover items before the ABC-2 sprint start or during the sprint?

how do you manage the 10 days of the sprint in these 2 sprints running in parallel?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events