Sprint Additions & Deletions are reflecting before planned sprint start

Jai Ganwani March 23, 2023

Hello Community,

I added all the stories to my sprint and started the sprint with a planned start time later in the day (planned - 23/Mar/23 4:00 PM) but still if certain stories were added/removed from the sprint they were reflecting as spikes/drops in the sprint report even before the planned start time (planned - 23/Mar/23 4:00 PM) which was set on the sprint. How can i avoid this and is this standard behavior ? Or should I start my sprint only after all additions/deletions in terms of stories are done. Or does it work differently for JIRA server and cloud versions ?

Regards,

Jai

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hi @Jai Ganwani , yes this is expected behavior. Even though the start date is in the future, once you lock in the sprint using Start then the content is 'locked'.

Jai Ganwani March 23, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey  ! I think i have done the same thing on JIRA server edition and it used to work differently if I remember correctly. All changes made to the sprint before the planned start time were not reflected as spikes/drops on the sprint report as long as it was done before the planned start date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events