Sorting columns in issue navigator based on numerical values?

JA Choat July 18, 2013
Hello, I have a table where we are tracking the costs of various articles. One of the fields of my form is "total cost". In the issue navigator, I show the total cost, but I would like to sort that total cost based on the numerical values of that field. What wseems to happen is that it is sorting on the ASCII value of the field. For example, if I have the costs (147.50, 1083,47, 222.22, 94.00, 8.00) and I click on the top of thew column for the total cost to sort these values, the list will come out in the following order: (1083.47, 147.50, 222.22, 8.00, 94.00). Is there any way I can get Jira to sort them by the value they contain? Thanks! -J

2 answers

0 votes
clem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2015

I'm having this same issue.  Were you able to figure out why it doesn't sort?

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2013

What field type is it? Are you using the Number field type? I have a custom field for tracking costs which correctly orders. For example 53.37, 498.00, and 533.74 show up in that order when I sort ascending in Issue Navigator. I'm on JIRA 5.1.

Suggest an answer