Sort issues by epics in Gantt OnDemand

P March 10, 2014

Hi,

In the doc it's written:

" Each issue added to the Epic will be treated as a subtask and rendered in exactly the same manner as stories and sub-tasks."

https://wisoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GanttOnDemand/Subtasks%2C+Stories+and+Epics

It doesn't work for me.

I have epics having stories (issues in Epic) in my project but in the Gantt chart, the stories don't see somethig like

- Epic1

-- story1

-- story2

If I convert the stories in sub-tasks it works, but I don't think this is what we want.

Am I doing/understanding something wrong?

(Gantt OnDemand Version 0.9.6 Beta)

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
P March 11, 2014

OK, thank you.

1 vote
Nathaniel Bacon October 7, 2015

What was the solution to this? I have just recently installed the plugin to my companies JIRA instance and am running into the exact same issue. I filtered down to just Epics and Stories and nothing is viewing in hierarchal fashion. Please help this tool is going to be useless without being able to snap shot my high level roadmap. 

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

Ah, just realized I don't really have your email address :-) Can you ping me here, please: adrian.wieczorek(at)wisoft.eu ?

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2014

Hi Puff, there's something wrong out there indeed. It will require some investigation so I have filed a separate support ticket here: https://wisoft.atlassian.net/browse/GANTT-111.

I will contact you via email and try to sort that out.

0 votes
P March 10, 2014
0 votes
P March 10, 2014

Hi Adrian, thank you for your answer.

Yes, it does.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I have Epic "Dad" having in "issues in Epic" an story called "Son of Dad".
When I go to the Gantt chart, both are in the same project but "Son of Dad" appears above "Dad".

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

Puff, can you give me the url of your JIRA instance?

0 votes
Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

Hi Puff, does Epic1, story1 and story2 are belongs to the same project?

Suggest an answer