Sort Backlog and Sprint Backlog

Marcel Knepper July 10, 2020

Hey friends,

I have a question about organizing the Backlog and the Springt Backlog in Kanban view. I just added Value Points & Story points. And I want to include the possibility to sort it by these values? And how can I make the added Value Points visible on SprintReview?

I don't find it. 

The other question is when I create dependencies, like A is blocked by B. I want that it is not possible to put A in "progess" because "B" is not started or finished. Is this possible? 

Attached a screenshot of our board.

Unbenannt.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
Matthias Krakovsky July 10, 2020

Your 3rd question might be related to Advanced Workflow Configuration.

It seems to be possible to configure such relations but I am not sure if it is recommended. I only used groups to avoid vendors to complete tasks without an approval and configured a dashboard for me as program lead to highlight dependencies there.

Hope I could help a bit, have a nice weekend!

Marcel Knepper July 10, 2020

Thank you I will test it. Thank you very much! 

Please give me some likes, if it works ;-)

0 votes

I am not sure which Sprint Review you refer to. In case you want to use Story Points for the Sprint Report and others, you have to set it as "Estimation Statistic" in the Board configuration section "Estimation":

Estimation.png

0 votes

Maybe I can help you with the first part of your question:

Any custom field in Jira has its specific ID. The easiest way to build the query considering such field is to move to the JQL builder and add a column there for the result table of your JQL (e.g. "Story Points").

Start with a short query to get the issues of your project:
project = PROJECT ORDER BY Rank ASC

Klick on the column header of "Story Points" and you will automatically add this to your query:
project = PROJECT ORDER BY cf[10648] DESC, Rank ASC

Now you can take this query over for your board configuration. It will be considered in your Backlog as well as on the Board directly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events