Sometimes not able to tag user

Rob Buster August 22, 2016

Hi all,

I sometimes have problems tagging a user in (for instance) a Comment. Both I (admin) and that other user (regular internal user) have no problem tagging or being tagged, it is just that it does not work once in a while. When coming back to the Comment 10 secs later, it might already be ok, but it makes the use of tagging quite unreliable.

Any experience with this and/or solutions?

Thanks, Rob

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

It's all about permissions. Use the JIRA permission helper in any of the tickets where you want to tag him and verify that is has "Browse issue"-permission. This is needed to be tagged.

Rob Buster August 22, 2016

Hi Jonas,

thanks for your quick reply! My issues is (I think) slightly different: I can be working on an issue (e.g. JIRA-123) and try to tag user X, but cannot find him. I can find other users (user Y, Z etc), but not user X. So far, it might be permission related...

However, if I close the issue, go back (so again to JIRA-123) and try to tag the exact same user X, it does work fine. Any ideas?

0 votes
Ramez Attia August 21, 2018

We have the same issue and it looks like it's related to the architecture.  We have 3 application nodes and I can tag a certain user on one node but cannot on another.  Don't know what's causing the issue exactly though. 

0 votes
Amarnath R Kuppuraman October 11, 2017

Hi Jonas, 

We're also facing same issue, usually this issue occurs when the users goes inactive from jira, however in my case all the users are in active mode, still we're facing this issue. During this issue occurrence we found the sync between JIRA and AD servers are happening and there is no issue with it as well. 

Why we're not able to tag set of users suddenly. 

I hope it's bug with JIRA product itself. 

Suggest an answer