Some tickets in burndown chart are missing time spent

Hi,

After closing a Sprint and looking at the burndown chart, I noticed some sub-tasks do not have any time spent in the Sum column, although opening those tickets outside of greenhopper shows time spent on it properly. I checked and the tickets had time entered on a day that was part of the Sprint, not outside of it.

For example, for one ticket, we entered time spent on Feb 11, and the two weeks Sprint ended on Feb 15.

Any possible reasons why this might happen?

Thank you,

Mihai

2 answers

Hi,

On the parent story you need to select the include sub-tasks check-box near the time-tracking section. This is displayed on the parent story after a sub task with an estimate has been added.

This will allow the esitmates and logging of subtasks to be included in the burndown charts.

Hi!! Can you please provide a screenshot for this checkbox, i coudn find it! Thaks!

The sub-task must be created for this to show on the parent story.

If you have a different workflow for your sub-tasks with different statuses you will need to assign the sub-task statuses to the columns in the board config.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,304 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot