Some of my issue types wont trigger automation

Kristian Partl May 14, 2024

Hello,
I got problem with automation.
I got couple issue types in project, for testing purposes I have created a simple automation which will just add Test to Log.
image.png

Problem is that for 2 of my 9 issue types, I didn't even receive an error in Audit log when I create an issue.
Actor of Automation have Administrator permissions in project.
image.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

That's strange indeed.

When you do more tests, does it happen again for the same issue types over and over again?

Yes

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2024

Any chance those other issue types are using another workflow? You should check if the "create" transition in you workflow triggers an "issue created" event.

Another thing to test: change the trigger of you automation rule to issue edit instead of create and check if the rule is executed when you edit the issues.

Like # people like this

Thanks, that was exactly my problem, in post functions I have had:

Fire a No Notification event that can be processed by the listeners.

Instead of

Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2024

Glad I could help!

If you really want to use a custom event like No Notification event as a trigger you can use the Multiple Event trigger. You'll see your custom events in the dropdown.

Like Kristian Partl likes this

Suggest an answer