Smart commits not working after moving Bitbucket workspace

Daniel November 1, 2022

We had smart commits and associated Jira workflow triggers working between our Jira software cloud and Bitbucket cloud workspaces. Recently we moved to a new Bitbucket workspace and transferred our repos from the old workspace to the new. We have also reestablished the DVCS connection to the new Bitbucket workspace. For some reason smart commits and our Jira workflow triggers are no longer working even though Jira is reporting that connection to our Bitbucket workspace is operational.

I've gone over the common issues as mentioned in this thread here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Smart-Commits-not-working-with-Jira-Software-Cloud-and-Bitbucket/qaq-p/620789, but they don't apply to us and I've verified that the commit author information is correct and aligns with users that we have in Jira.

Any pointers or direction to fixing this would be great!

EDIT: With new repos created since the Bitbucket workspace move, the smart commits and triggers work as expected. Seems like the issue is with repos that were moved from the old workspace. For the repos that were moved, Jira is reporting that they are connected and smart commits enabled for them. I looked through all the settings of a repo that was moved and compared to a newly created repo and everything looks identical.

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2022

Hey @Daniel 

G'day.

Are you using the same Jira instance, and the one changing is the Workspace for this repository?

If yes, does the old Workspace still have the existing integration, and can you check the affected repository links under the repository settings to see if they are linked with your Jira instance?

If not, you may need to reinstall the integration to force a re-sync with the transferred repository.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Daniel November 3, 2022

Hi @Syahrul 

Yes, same Jira instance, new Bitbucket workspace. I checked the old workspace and it is no longer connected to Jira.

I checked the repository links for the affected repos and they are linked to Jira. I compared the repos that do work with the ones that do not and their settings are identical.

Thanks,

Daniel

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2022

Hey @Daniel 

Thanks for the update.

Have you checked the troubleshooting steps for the Jira workflow that did not get transitioned to see if it related to any of the cause:

If all is checked, I suggest reinstalling the integration to force a resync of the integration. You can do so by navigating under the DVCS account in Jira settings and clicking Disconnect in the drop-down "..." menu.

Then click Link Bitbucket Cloud workspace to install the integration and follow the Setup wizard accordingly.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Daniel April 6, 2023

@Syahrulsorry for the delayed response.

Just to close this out, smart commits and workflow trigger just started working again about a couple of weeks after my initial post. We didn't make any changes our end, so not sure what happened, but so far so good now.

Like Syahrul likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events