Slow performance with certain issue links

Hi everybody!

I spent half a day tracking down the reason why issue editing can be very slow in our system. The reason seems to be connected to issue links. If the issue does not have any links editing is quite fast. If I add a "is base for" link to another issue editing takes about 20 seconds. I figured out that we have quite a lot of those "is base for" links between issues in our system, i.e. more than 6700.

Profiling the request tells me that most of the 20 seconds is spent in "getOutwardLinks" and "getInwardLinks". It look like all issues of the same type are loaded.

I think it's strange that issue links matter even if I change a field that is not connected to issue links at all.

Does any one have an idea how to improve performance? Waiting 20 seconds is really annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Christopher

3 answers

1 accepted

Well, it looks like this is a bug. I hope it will be solved with the support ticket.

0 vote
Yilin Mo Atlassian Team May 16, 2013

Hi Christopher,

May I ask which version of JIRA are you using?

It could be a perfromance issue that we do not aware, can you please open a support ticket for this?

Cheers

MOMO

We're using JIRA 5.2.6. (I'm a coworker of Christopher's.)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,308 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot