Slow performance with certain issue links

ccudennec-24t May 15, 2013

Hi everybody!

I spent half a day tracking down the reason why issue editing can be very slow in our system. The reason seems to be connected to issue links. If the issue does not have any links editing is quite fast. If I add a "is base for" link to another issue editing takes about 20 seconds. I figured out that we have quite a lot of those "is base for" links between issues in our system, i.e. more than 6700.

Profiling the request tells me that most of the 20 seconds is spent in "getOutwardLinks" and "getInwardLinks". It look like all issues of the same type are loaded.

I think it's strange that issue links matter even if I change a field that is not connected to issue links at all.

Does any one have an idea how to improve performance? Waiting 20 seconds is really annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Christopher

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ccudennec-24t May 21, 2013

Well, it looks like this is a bug. I hope it will be solved with the support ticket.

0 votes
Harald Wellmann May 16, 2013

We're using JIRA 5.2.6. (I'm a coworker of Christopher's.)

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2013

Hi Christopher,

May I ask which version of JIRA are you using?

It could be a perfromance issue that we do not aware, can you please open a support ticket for this?

Cheers

MOMO

ccudennec-24t May 20, 2013

Suggest an answer