Slack notification when a new task is created on Jira

Melda Yenigün September 18, 2019

I want to receive a notification when a new task is created on Jira. I've connected the Jira project to the Slack channel, but now I'm receiving notifications of every changes of the tasks. 

From Jira on Slack Channel Configuration, I only chose "Send a Message to the Channel when issue is created" and left other areas empty. https://prnt.sc/p7pmvq But still receiving not. for every actions. 

Maybe leaving the areas empty can mean selecting all. How can I make sure that I'll receive notification only when a new task is created?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hi @Melda Yenigün 

Under "For issues that match this filter" you should be able to select an issue type of "Task". If you use that in combination with the settings you currently have in your screenshot, you should be able to set up notifications in the way you're looking to.

Hope this helps!
Trevor
Product Manager, Product Integrations

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for answering my question. I've tried what you said but still receiving a notification when I moved the task from "To Do" to "Rejected". I want to receive notifications from all task types but only when they are created. 

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hey Melda, the engineers on the team are telling me they have identified a bug. We should have a fix for this in the next day or two. Sorry for the inconvenience ! 

Like Nia Escobar-Kölle likes this

Hello Trevor, no problem and thank you for looking into the issue :)

Melda Yenigün September 23, 2019

@Trevor Thompson Hello again,

Is it resolved because I'm still facing the problem

Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
September 23, 2019

Hey @Melda Yenigün it should be fixed now, but it will require you to visit the page again and click "save". If you're still having problems, I would suggest recreating the subscription in your Slack channel. 

If you still have problems please reach out!

Portales June 26, 2020

I am facing the same issue, the Slack channel receives notifications for all transitions, except when creating a New Issue from scratch. 

How can this be achieved?

Like Jeniffer Ramírez likes this
0 votes
Eran Nir February 5, 2024

Hi @Trevor Thompson I would like to have a slack msg sent to specific channel, every time a task is added to a specific Jira board, or when ever a ticket is set with label= "X".

The message in slck should contain a template "A new X ticket was added to the board" with the Jira ticket name, is it possible?

Thanks

Suggest an answer