Slack Jira notifications filter Automated updates

Adrian Elton-Browning December 20, 2019

jira_notification.pngI have Jira Cloud setup with a custom JQL filter for issues I want to see, however, I get a lot of notifications similar to above "Automation for Jira updated......".

Is there any way using the custom JQL to filter these out?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2019

Hey Adrian,

Ideally you'd want something to expose the user making the change to JQL. For the Automation for Jira addon, the user is addon_com.codebarrel.addons.automation. Exposing the user that initiated a transition or update in JQL is not native to Jira, but if it were ideally you'd tack something on to your existing JQL like:

(<your original JQL here>) AND updatingUser NOT IN (addon_com.codebarrel.addons.automation)

Searching through the marketplace, I found a Cloud app that looks like it might help out:

In their documentation, they list an UpdatedByUser function that looks like what we'd need to expose the correct info in JQL. With that app installed, your JQL might look like:

(<your original JQL here>) AND issue NOT IN updatedByUser("addon_com.codebarrel.addons.automation")

Cheers,
Daniel

Adrian Elton-Browning January 6, 2020

Thanks, Daniel!

I don't suppose there are any plans to have this added natively at any point?

Thanks Adrian

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Hey Adrian,

It doesn't look like there are plans to add the "updated by <user>" type functionality to JQL natively. There is an open feature request you can vote/watch to follow along with that suggestion though: JRACLOUD-1973 

For more information about how Atlassian prioritizes feature requests made on jira.atlassian.com, check out this Community post.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer