Size of attribute types Text and Textarea

Svante Gustafsson December 11, 2017

Hey,

I haven't found what limits the two Insight attribute-types Text and Textarea have.

Is it declared somewhere?

Cheers,

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi Svante, 

The limit for Text is 450, and unlimited for Textarea.

I have updated the documentation at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/object-type-attributes to show this limits.

Best Regards
Alexander 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

254 characters for text and then whatever your database can handle in a large object column (i.e far more text than is generally useful in a field)

Svante Gustafsson December 11, 2017

Hey Nic,

Thnx! But this is for JIRA, right? I tagged this question for Insight for JIRA which seems to have been removed.

I will re-tag this question!

Cheers,

// Svante 

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi Svante, 

The limit for Text is 450, and unlimited for Textarea.

Best Regards
Alexander 

Svante Gustafsson December 12, 2017

Thnx Alexander, this was exactly what I was looking for. Is this piece of information available in the Insight documentation somewhere?

Can you convert your comment reply to an Answer so that I can Accept it?

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer