Single user not getting email notifications

Pete Burns July 6, 2020

A single user is not receiving email notifications.

They get notifications in system (the bell icon), they get emailed by the system when I log in as them (so correct email is set up), I've checked  their user settings to make sure they haven't turned off email notifications, and the notification scheme of the project doesn't have any specifics that would stop this one user from getting notifications (reporter assignee and watcher all set as getting emails).

We set up a test ticket in the project to test, assigned and commented etc and nothing.

I've seen a couple of other tickets opened here around similar, and have followed the routes suggested in those (check spam and filters etc), the user is on gmail so shouldn't have any issues there. No one else in the organisation (some 1000 users) are having similar issues.

Notification helper shows they should be getting notifications emailed.

Despite having plenty of experience dealing with this sort of thing I am stumped as to why this might be happening!

-Not Notification Scheme

-Not user account personal preferences

-Not Spam/Filtered

-Not email

-Proper Stumped

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hi @Pete Burns 

Have you tried the JIRA Admin Helper for notifications to see if it can figure it out for the user?  Please look here for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

Best regards,

Bill

Pete Burns July 7, 2020

Hi Bill,

I've already checked the Notification helper, it wasn't any help in this case!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2020

Thanks, Pete.  I am uncertain what else to check in this case.  If no one else posts ideas for you, consider submitting a support ticket to see if Atlassian can figure this one out:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Pete Burns likes this
Pete Burns July 8, 2020

Cheers Bill, I think I'll raise a support ticket for this and see if anyone can come back with something!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events