Single Project Migration

Aimen Sattara December 3, 2019

Hi

I am working on a problem where i have to migrate one project from On Perm Jira Server instance to Jira Cloud. 

My approach is to fetch project information from source and replicate on target. I am using Python Jira API for this purpose. Here are issues i am facing:

1. So far i am unable to find any reference regarding creating a new project via API?

2. As of now i am creating project manually, and fetching issue details from source and creating issue in target system project. In this approach, issues are being created but timestamp of creation in target is NOW and not the one in source system? is there anyway we can retain source system project creation and update timestamp?

3. As per my research so far, following information needs to be fetched from source system to get all details of project:

-- > Issues

--> Worklogs

-->Issue Priority

-->Comment

-->Watchers

Is there anything else i need to fetch?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

The only way to retain the create date/time is to import via CSV or project import.

I would strongly recommend that you use one of the marketplace apps to do this work, rather than re-invent the wheel - the list of things you have named to transfer is WAY too short and missing loads of things you need to think about.

Suggest an answer