Simplified User Interface for improvements and feature requests from sales, customers, dealers

Brian Sorbe February 26, 2013

I am a product manager for a company that extensively utilizes JIRA as a tool to manage bugs and improvements to our software products. I personally use it to enter new features that I feel improve our product, as a means to get these features in front of key developers in our organization.

What I am inquiring about is whether there is an add-on to JIRA, or perhaps a 3rd party that has a very simple means of collecting feature requests from outside parties, that might not be comfortable inside the traditional JIRA user interface. For example, we do not allow our field salesman, dealers, and key customers access to our JIRA database.

I am currently processing hundreds of feature requests per month, that come in a variety of forms (email, phone conversations, even SMS). It's getting very difficult to keep up with the filtering, prioritization, etc. of these feature requests.

An ideal scenario would be a web page that these outside parties could navigate to, with a rediculously easy to understand UI, where they could enter the feature request, along with some other user defined fields that could be used for projected sales, business case, user requirements, etc. This feature request could then be automatically translated into a JIRA improvement or new feature and assigned to me. then I could sort them in my own dashboard and either elevate the valid ones or invalidate the no-so good ones.

Has anyone heard of a means to accomplish this? I am open to suggestions. this is a big priority for us as a PM group.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2013

Have you tried the issue collector?

Suggest an answer