Simple status change

Francisco Gomez May 3, 2024

What I need is very easy yet not sure if this is the correct app or forum.

I need a board that shows 5 different rooms in a hospital. 

These rooms statuses can be 'available', 'almost full' or 'full'.

Everyone in the hospital should be able to see the status of all the rooms easily in a single screen. 

Only members of the nursing team can change the status of the patient rooms.

Only members of the surgical team can change the status of the theatre room.

And so on.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hi Francisco,

There’s a few ways to do the board in the updates. But the question is making it available so everyone in the hospital can see. What does that mean? Does this mean every user needs to be able to see the board? If so, they will all need to have your licenses. Or if it just means displaying the board on, a monitor visible within the hospital, then that can be done with a service account. 

So what is the actual need of everyone needing to see it?

Francisco Gomez May 6, 2024

Hi John.

Yes, everyone should be able to see it. I was under the impression that people with a public link could see the board so to avoid needing licences (but the big monitor is also a possible good idea).

Can you provide an example/walk me through how it can be implemented?

Thank you 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

No, you have to have a license to be able to click on the link and see the board and the issues on it. 

You could probably create a Confluence page that is linked to the Jira issues, maybe more like a table than the board itself. Then you could grant "Guest" accounts to see the Confluence page. The "Guest" accounts would need to be Confluence accounts, but there is no paid license required for those. 

Having said, that, I have not actually connected a Confluence page to Jira issues, but there should be plenty of documentation out there.

Like Francisco Gomez likes this

I'm very grateful for your help, John. But it seems complicated (or am I just ignorant?) for something so clean and simple.

Maybe there's a better Atlassian app than Jira for this? Or am I making it complicated?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

The clean and simple is that you purchase a Jira license for every user that needs to see the information. :-)

Yes. You're right. 

Let's say everyone has a license or that there's a monitor for everyone 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2024

That's the route to go. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events