Simple Scripted Validator not working

Brad Koenig April 11, 2017

I am trying to use the Simple Scripted Validator to require field entry based upon a custom cascading select field.

I am using the one of the example conditions provided by ScriptRunner:

cfValues['System']?.get(null) == 'ERP'

This condition is not accepted and it shows the following tool tip error:

[Static Type Checking] - Cannot find matching method java.lang.object#get(<unknown parameter type>).  Please check if the declared type is right and if the method exists.  Possible solutions: grep(), getAt(java.lang.string), grep(java.lang.object), wait(), any(), wait(long) @ line 1, column 1.

Other simpler conditions like issue.issueType.name == 'Bug' accept without error.

What is the cause for the error and how do I resolve it?

2 answers

0 votes
Camille Lecerf April 6, 2018

bump

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

It's the null in the .get I think.  The get should be fetching an element from the array in the field, but feeding it with null does not make sense.

Try .get(1) instead

It still errors with .get(1)

Cannot find matching method java.lang.object#get(int).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

Ah, sorry, I missed the "field is cascading select", which may make it harder and means I need to ask more questions.

What version of JIRA are you using?  And what is the cascading pair you are trying to find?  By pair, I mean if you had a cascading select for "country" and the user selected the USA, the drop-down would list all the states.  Are you looking for the USA/UK/France/Indonesia part alone, or are you looking for USA: California?

Thanks for you quick feedback.

I'm using JIRA Core 7.3.1, JIRA Service Desk 3.3.1 and Adaptavist ScriptRunner 4.3.19.

I've tried to use the first element of the array and bot elements of the array based upon the examples provided online.

I only need to validate the first element of the cascade select (USA in your example).

Brad Koenig April 13, 2017

Hi Nic - Do you have any updates / suggestions on this issue?

Carlos David August 8, 2017

bump

Travis Alexander [Empyra] December 21, 2017

bump

Suggest an answer