Siebel3.x to JIRA4.x migration

Ricky Mora November 27, 2011

We are in the process of migrating all the requirements from Siebel3.x to JIRA4.x . I am looking for some pointers/tool and if anyone was able to do such a migration effort?

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2011

You might find https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/21732/how-to-migrate-clearquest-to-jira/21743 helpful. For Siebel we did a dynamic conversion for a short time. We used direct database access and a very complex query out of Siebel to produce a table that had a row for each item containing only the data we wanted to capture. A second query was used to construct links of items to attachments in a shared directory populated from Siebel. If I remember right, we only actually converted a small set of open items to JIRA for the switchover and left the rest in the table. A Confluence page with a query was sufficient for finding historical data.

Ricky Mora December 13, 2011

Thanks BOB for the valuable inputs. Appreciate it!

Just a heads up - We have various projects using different tools & want JIRA implementation for all these projects. So my 1st job would be to know what/how requirements/issues are been captured in these tools and if all are needed. Then I need to come up with an "implementation plan" to present the stakeholders/customers, how we can fit/customise these effectively in JIRA. Once approved, I need to work closely with the JIRA implementation team to get this moved to production asap.

Concern here is -

Right/Correct Implementation plan format? Data I should be looking for? Ask the right questions to the team to collect that information.

This is on the business prospective initially. Need your help here.

-Ricky. Mora

(mricky18@yahoo.com)

Suggest an answer