It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Showing total time estimate in sprint

Hi,

Is there any way I can get the total estimated time for all the issues shown at the top of the sprint to appear?

I have changed the card layout to display the time estimated per issue, but I need to be able to see the total of all issues in the sprint.

3 answers

I am having this issue intermittently, the total seems to display sometimes and other times not. Does anyone know why this would occur? 

I too am having this issue

Same here. Have you already found the solution?

Same here. no solution to see the estimate without chart 

0 votes
Warren Community Leader Feb 09, 2018

I know this isn't quite what you're after, but if you look at Reports -> Burndown Chart and have the dropdown set to Original Time Estimate, you will see the number you're after.

Thanks! That helps a bit.

It's more the step beforehand that I'm look at, when we are deciding what issues should go into our two week sprint. 

We can see the individual time estimate on each issue, but it would be helpful if we could see the total time as we add issues to our sprint!

Like Thomas Bartke likes this

In the Backlog view, I get the details below showing under the items added to the sprint, where the right hand Estimate is the Original Time Estimate

Picture0002.jpg

What way do you have your card layout configured? I have added Original Estimate to my card layout and I am not seeing the original estimate appear in my backlog.

you're right, it is specific to the way we have our settings, see below

Picture0003.jpg

I have exactly the same settings but still don't see such summary below backlog list.

This has been asked for years to Atlassian, but like any monopolistic company they do not care what customer are asking ,could not wait to have something to replace them ...

It has indeed been asked a lot.  But Atlassian answered the question right away, and it's not a case of them not doing stuff any more, the question is about what you are not misunderstanding or not doing.

Facing same issue , unable to see the estimate. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

870 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you