Showing status of issue

Monica Cederberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2013

For reporting purposes, I need to show the status of an issue in my report. Is there a way to setup a custom text field on the main issue screen similar to "Comments" that would facilitate entering this type of information? Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2013

Yes, go to administration, custom fields, and add a "free text" field.

It won't be sequential like comments, it'll be a single entry, like description, but as you want to show "current status", it's probably better than comments.

There are also a couple of "last comment" fields if you wanted to display that instead.

I'd be hesitant to try to implement another stream of comment-like fields though, it's quite complex and people almost certainly wouldn't care about the difference between comments and the other field.

Monica Cederberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2013

Thank you so much - this is exactly what I was wondering. Appreciate the help!

Suggest an answer