Show sub task by issue type in parent ticket

sadia_sher_360factors
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2019

I have defined custom issue types. But in parent ticket sub-tasks section, Jira sub task and my custom issue types both are listing. I need to list only Jira subtask. how can i achieve it.

Jira version 6.3

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2019

Hi @sadia_sher_360factors  - can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing and what is not right about it? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2019

Well, if your custom issue types are subtask type issue types, then they are going to show up there. 

The other option would be to make them regular issue type and connect via linked issues functionality. 

Like sadia_sher_360factors likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2019

@sadia_sher_360factors  - did this answer your question? If so, can you click the Accept answer button so we can close this out?

0 votes
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hello @sadia_sher_360factors

Could you explain what you mean with "I need to list only Jira subtask". Do you want it in a jql search, on an issue or in some other place? I would appreciate some more information to be able to help you out! :-)

Best regards,

Alexander

sadia_sher_360factors
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2019

subtask.jpg

@John Funk and @Alexander Ling  With reference to the above image. first two subtasks are Jira subtask whereas 3rd and 4th are my custom subtasks. I need to display only Jira subtasks in this section.

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

@sadia_sher_360factors 

As @John Funk mentioned below you cannot hide subtasks depending on type. If they are sub tasks to the issue they will show up. 

Like sadia_sher_360factors likes this

Suggest an answer