Show my @mention's?

We've recently upgraded to JIRA5

With the new @mentions feature, we get email notifications when mentioned.

I thought I saw a way to display these on the dashboard but I can't find any way - and that seems really odd not to be able to

So - is there any way to display on my dashboard my most recent mentions? (where I was the one being @mention'ed)

5 answers

Try this 

(summary ~ currentUser() OR description ~ currentUser() OR comment ~ currentUser()) and updatedDate >= -7d

Works like a charm. Thanks

worked like a charm. Thanks!

@Tech QA Abdulqadir Taiyeb - Where do you put this string to get the result that's working for others?

I figured it out. Does the "updatedDate >= -7d" mean that this should show anything updated within the last 7 days? Do I need to add something to this piece of the formula? It seems to be showing me EVERYTHING

Go to manage filters, click on all issues, you will see a search bar, copy paste  and enter. You can save this as your own filter.

Yes. Those should be all the issues you were mentioned in the past few days.

This will show you every ticket which is updated in last 7 days. Try change the days in the end if you want past 1d or something.

Peter Snell's suggestion works pretty well on JRA-31541 :
If you enter text ~ "@<enterusername>" in the Advanced Searching, it should give you what you need.

This doesn't work for me - possibly because we do not have the necessary version of Jira?

Would be so useful to have this as part of the stream gadget. 

Such feature is not available at the moment so I have raised this ticket requesting it.

I'd strongly suggest you to vote and comment on it to raise its awareness and also add yourself as a watcher for following further updates.

Cheers!

Nothing to vote and comment on. The issue is closed coz "it is not something we will prioritise on our roadmap in the next few years". What? Why? Managing notifications through emails is incredibly tedious for a whole number of reasons. I am sure this feature would be very useful for a great many users.

I totally agree Anton! The email pile created by JIRA notifications is super inefficient. No one in my office is wading through them anymore, making mentions totally ineffective

OK, so if this is not being prioritised... How can we find what we have been mentioned in?

I don't appear to have any emails or notifications telling me that someone has mentioned me in a ticket. Nor do I have an easy way of filtering tickets to show those I have been mentioned in.

I love the idea of having mentions but unless we can filter by them or get to them quickly does it not make them redundant?

I agree! I need to just see the comments! 

Thanks Abdulqadir, this is great, worked like a charm. 

This 'works' - the problem is that if someone mentioned you on a comment 5 weeks ago, and anyone else updates the ticket in any way, it shows back up on the list.

So, while this is a bandaid for seeing tickets where you were mentioned, it does not give support for a convenient way to grab attention when you have recently been mentioned in a new ticket, because this filter is just noise now.

Exactly. Well for now i am using rules in my outlook. I've created a rule there, anyone mentions me that email is diverted in another folder. So for now i am keeping track that way. I hope Jira finds a way out for this. either notifications or something? 

Oh yeah they have this notification thing in their Jira app though. 

Just arrived at this issue myself.

Annoying the iOS app has a tab for recent mentions but the desktop cloud version doesn't 😣.

Have tried creating a dashboard gadget as advised by Atlassian here /Jira-questions/My-At-Mention-notifications-are-in-the-iOS-app-Where-are-these/

Will feed back how successful it is.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

461 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you