Show hide workflow transition based on Fields required.??

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2013

Hello All,

Currently in the validation section of the workflow there is flexibility to check whether a field is present or not and only then execute the workflow transition. But what I am looking for is a similar condition in the conditions section wherein the workflow transition button is invisible if suppose a custom date field isn't present.

Show hide workflow transition based on Fields required.

Thanks,

Tarun

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

You can use JIRA Suite Utilities plugin for this (Condition "Value Field").

Henning

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2013

I have the plugin, can you tell me how do I use it for a custom user picker/custom date, i just need to check that these fields are filled, the plugin has string check would != null somethin' like that work in the plugin?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Simply use an empty field and != as operator. The description after adding the condition should reflect that.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2013

done. thanks :) (too bad the plugin doesn't have support for custom date field but custom user picker null check also did the trick :))

Suggest an answer