Show Resolved Date in 'Done' Issue

Brandon August 8, 2019

I understand that the resolved date is set when transitioning to a 'done' status. I also understand why the field cannot be shown on issue edit and create screens.

But I'm wondering if there's a way of showing it only when viewing a completed issue. I've found a number of situations where having that information available, while viewing a specific issue, would be helpful.

jira.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

Hi Brandom,

JIRA has two "fields" (one of them isn't a field, but for this, it might as well be).

The Status tells you where the issue is in the workflow. It does not tell you anything about the issue's resolution, even though it might say "resolved", "closed", "done", "fed to penguin", it's just an indicator of where it is.

Resolution is the more important one - if it is empty, JIRA sees the issue as "open" (and displays "unresolved" on screen, even though it's empty), whatever the status is. It considers it "done" if it has any data value at all.

Only when the field resolution is set, the resolved date is shown on issue details. So you can two options, one of them add a transition screen with the resolution field to force people to set a resolution manually or to setup a postfunction that make the work for you.

Kind Regards

EDIT:

If the resolution is set but you using the new Jira issue view date won't be shown for now.

Consider vote JRACLOUD-70476 and watch it to get notified when the problem get resolved.

Brandon August 8, 2019

Thanks for the response. I should have clarified that I do understand the resolution functionality, and, in my case, 'done' is associated with that transition. When changing to done status we are prompted to select the resolution reason, and as part of that transition, the resolved date is set.

Only when the field resolution is set, the resolved date is shown on issue details.

In my case, however, we do not see the resolved date when viewing the issue details, as you mentioned in your response.

The only place I can see the resolution and resolved date currently is when I am in the issue filter view, as long as I have the 'resolved' column visible.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

All clear now,
I've edited my first response to point out your problem.

Like Brandon likes this
Brandon August 8, 2019

Ahh. We are using the new view, so that must be it.

I appreciate your help!

Marketplace Partner
August 8, 2019

You are welcome :)

Did my answer solves your problem?

If so, consider to mark the proposed solution as an 'Accepted answer'. This will help other people with the same or a quite similar problem to find a solution in a easy and faster way.

In addition, by doing this the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results to indicate other people that no further support is needed.

Kind Regards.

0 votes
Marcelo Sosa July 7, 2021

Hi, I know this thread is from 2019 but as I´ve been able to resolve it you can use the statusCategoryChangedDate to find the date when the status changed to a certain status. 

Lori Coppola November 1, 2023

Thank you for this!!!!! Two more years later :)

Suggest an answer