Show / Hide Field Based on a Project Role such as Security Level

Ahmet Kilic _catworkx November 7, 2019

Hi guys,

by searching  for hiding custom field based on a  project role, I  noticed that the Security Level field is somehow hiding, when I am logging in as a customer role. How is it possible, even though Jira shared on following link that hiding a field is illegal.

Ultimately, however, we have decided that we will not be implementing Field Level Security in JIRA.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-1330

What I did before:

1-I've created three issue security levels which are

Classified Only admin
Confidential Admin and Product Owner
Private Admin, Product Owner and Developer

2-I've created my own Permission Scheme, which lets customer browse project, create/edit issue

Explanation one more time:

as an admin I could see Securtiy Level field which I added on edit screen before

as a customer I could not see.

How could I do this for my the other custom fields? 

Is there anyone who help me, firstly clarify this situation and then catch my goal?

By the way my Jira instance that is 8.4.0 version don't support 

"Security Fields and Attachments" plug in
or 

Field Security Plugin for Jira

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ahmet

1 answer

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

Hi,

I think you could do it using bahaviours in scriptrunner plugin or powerscript plugin,  or native javascript in field description or banner which is not recommanded.

Thanks for your answer, I saw the solutions with script runner on this community, 

but I've not this plugin unfortunately. 

Have you an other solution alternatively?

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2019

@Ahmet Kilic _catworkx 

did you installed power script?

The other solution is to user java script in the description a field or in the banner but this way is not recommended.

I've no plugin, on that I could write a script.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

Yes ; if you hvae not any scripting plugin , the solution is to write a script un publish it in description of field or in the banner.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

Could you tell me, on which platform should I write that kind of Javascript code?

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2019

In Jira.

Suggest an answer