Shortcut or Macro for Text Color in Next-Gen Jira (Comment Box)

Bryce Benedict Alvarez August 8, 2019

Hi!

I'm wondering if there is a shortcut key or macro for Text Color Next-Gen Jira (Comment Box)? Currently its pretty inconvenient to keep scrolling back and forth to add color to words or sentences. I never had this trouble from the old jira since the scroll is inside the comment box itself and not in the page of the ticket.

Thank you.

3 answers

6 votes
Brett Dalton April 28, 2021

100% this is super frustrating on long tickets. COnfluence has a floating header on the editor, this should be implemented in JIRA and would solve all the usability issues.

2 votes
Matt Duguid April 28, 2021

agree this is a huge pain, have to select text and scroll back to top to alter style which is tough on large changes, copy/paste doesn't hold the colour only the value, much better if the style bar was nearer the change location 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Hi Bryce,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
As far as I know by searching on our documentation and also on the web, markdown does not support colors, so macro or shortcuts won't work on our editor for next-gen projects, it's necessary to use the option on the comment box.
You can find more details on the links below:
- How to apply color in Markdown?
- The Markdown Guide

Regards,
Angélica

Lasse Laakkonen October 25, 2021

@Angélica Luz what are you going on about that "markdown does not support it"? Markdown does not support your eg your `/error` panels either. And not even thinking about all the annoying automatic stuff that you do in the editor with links.

Bryce already suggested one solution: Make the Description contents scroll, not the whole page, so the formatting buttons stay visible.

Here is another one: Make keyboard shortcuts for all the formatting options.

Or create more custom "Markdown" syntax.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer