Sharing project with external client

Bartosz Goździk May 5, 2022

Hello,

I would like to set up a project to colaborate with external clients. I am willing to create a licence for him. 

But i do not want them to see or manage my other projects. 

How should I set up a project for my team and external clinets?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

You use the permission masks for this.

In the permission masks you can define who will see what and you can use groups or roles to make broad strokes.

So for your existing projects, you want to make sure you have a role or group other than jira-users assigned with the browse project for all projects. This way, anyone not has that role or group will not see any projects.

Then you can add the external client to a specific project by adding them to a role, or specific group, in that project.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Bartosz Goździk , welcome to the Community.

First, it is worth noting that there are quite a few posts in the Community on this topic so you may wish to search the out to get additional ideas.

Your goal can be achieved via permissions. The main thing you want to ensure is that they are not placed into a default role or groups that are given permissions in other projects. Rather create a unique group for your clients and use it to provide permissions to the one project they need access to.

Here are a couple articles you might like to review:

team-managed-permissions 

how-do-jira-permissions-work 

Bartosz Goździk May 5, 2022

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer