Sharing Dashboard with different filters

Nirmit_0018 June 2, 2022

Hello,

I have a question about sharing JIRA Dashboard I built for my team. Every gadget on that dashboard uses a different filter to display information. When I share the Dashboard with one of my team members to test, the gadgets didn't display anything. I'm guessing since my gadget specific filters are private that's why?

If that's the case, isn't there a better way to share JIRA dashboards? Because if I have a team of 20 members, I would first have to share filters with everyone and then dashboard with everyone. Doesn't sound right? Am I missing something here? 

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2022

You are correct, if you are using the default gadgets that comes with Jira you have to first create the filter and make sure it is shared with the users that needs to see the result, I would recommend that you share it with the project, and then you can use it in a gadget. Your other option is to use an app like Custom charts for Jira which allows you to enter the JQL directly into the chart gadget so you do not have to create the filter first. 

Nirmit_0018 June 2, 2022

Thanks!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Nirmit_0018

This is also true for other Atlassian Marketplace apps.

These are the gadget settings of a Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards gadget (I am the product manager of this app).

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_source-filter.png

1 vote
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Nirmit_0018 ,

We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira. This app allows you to create reporting dashboards (over 70 different gadgets, 10 product integrations, custom charts) and share those with a link, like in Dropbox. You can see a couple of examples here:

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer