Shared Dashboard widget problem

Andries Becker September 19, 2019

Good Day All 

I have a project that I created the Dashboard for and assigned public access.  The problem is the page if opned from the URL link is empty. Not a single widget of the 4 shows up. 

I want to get the stakeholder to view this during the course of my sprint. 

How do I fix this? 

2 answers

0 votes
mararn1618 _secretbakery.io_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 10, 2020

Hey Andries, did you find a solution?

What information of the Sprint do you want to share? Who's the stakeholder and what is he doing with it?

0 votes
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2019

Is it you as the creator that cannot see any of the widgets or is it the stakeholder? If the latter does that stakeholder have the correct permission? 

The dashboard permissions don't override issues permissions. So although everyone might be able to view your dashboard, unless you've specifically allowed anyone to view the project's issues, the dashboard won't display anything. 

Beware that adding the "Anyone" group for the Browse Projects permission in your permissions scheme may allow anonymous users to see your issues. 

Andries Becker September 19, 2019

Hi Krister 

Thank you for the time and response 

Yes, the stakeholder can see the board but the widgets don't show.  

Ok, so how do I grant access to project issues? 

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2019

You make sure that the person have access to the project (can the person see an issue then it should display in a report). Otherwise give them the correct projectrole/group

Also what specific dashboard macros are you trying to display? if you have plugin app macros the macros by themselves may require certain permission. 

Andries Becker October 7, 2019

Good Day @Krister Broman _Advania_ 

So I have granted access to public to browse issues permissions. This does not allow me to share a report and send it to a non Jira user. You are prompted for a username and password ( none Jira ) 

I just want to share the report with a user 

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2019

Have you also allowed for anonymous access to the filters & dashboards? 

Here is a guide on how to do it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/allowing-anonymous-access-to-your-project-779172888.html

Andries Becker October 7, 2019

@Krister Broman _Advania_ 

I am not winning even after following the guide to the letter 

Here is a photo of my screen. 

Under groups I only have public ( as per guide) that I have given that access. If I access the URL from my phone it gives me a login request 

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2019

So it looks like you have added public to the dashboard and the permission scheme, But just to check it should look like this.

public.JPGNext you need to have a dashboard which collect its data from a filter (could be a project but i generally use filters to make it easier to know what is what) and make sure that both of these also has the public sharing enabled. Should look like this:

public2.JPG

Suggest an answer