Share board to anymous not working

Emilie Zawadzki April 29, 2024

Hello,

Today, we just subscribe to the "Standard Licence".

Capture d’écran du 2024-04-29 16-51-02.png

Unfortunatelly, we can't share a Kanban to an anonymous user.

Two steps of settings I made :

- Project settings > Access - Set to  Open :

Capture d’écran du 2024-04-29 16-07-09.png

- System > Global Permissions > Share dashboards and filters = Public, anyone on the internet, including logged in and anonymous users.

Results = The url keeps asking to login

Any Idea ?

4 answers

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

As per the documentation it is not possible to make Team Managed projects anonymously accessible.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/next-gen-permissions/

Only Company Managed projects can be made anonymously accessible.

1 vote
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hi @Emilie Zawadzki and welcome to the Community,

Boards (as in Kanban and Sprint Boards) can only be seen with a Jira Software License. You can make "loose" Issues public by sharing Dashboards and Filters with the whole wide world, but not in context of Agile Boards.

Workaround: You can share the Board's filter publicly so the issues can be accessed. However the nice Column-Board-view won't be available to anyonymous.

0 votes
Emilie Zawadzki April 29, 2024

Hi @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ thanks for you quick reply.

Maybe I will reformulate my needs in another way.

We just deliver a projet to a client. The client need to give us some feedbacks by creating issues.

We subscribe specially for the External Collaboration, so as anonymous, it isn't possible to access the board and create tickets ? :

Capture d’écran du 2024-04-29 16-51-02.png

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2024

Hi @Emilie Zawadzki , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.

The project you are wanting to share is a team-managed one. This means that it has a customised configuration which applies only to that project.

Where you have set the global permissions to be open, this doesn't impact a team-managed project, as they are not centrally managed.

When I look at one of my team-managed projects,

image.png

I see this message here, that anyone who already has access to this Jira, can find this project.

There doesn't exist yet, as there does for Confluence, this concept of a guest, where you could allow people to use Jira without a license, or to share a certain project with the public. 

The only way to make Jira 'public' where people don't need a license to create and track their issues would be to use a Jira Service Management project with a portal. 

I don't know if this helps you at all. Basically, in Jira, you need to give a product license to everyone you want to use it.

If you think we can help you further, please share your feedback and either I or someone else will try to assist.

Cheers

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2024

Hi @Emilie Zawadzki , thanks for your reply. This feature seems to be news to both myself and @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ ...  Please give us some time to get informed about this and we will get back to you.

Cheers

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2024

@Valerie Knapp I don't think this is a new feature. You can give anonymous access to Jira, just not to all features. I am pretty sure anything that requires an additional license will still be only visible to licensed users - such as Boards. I guess Atlassian is simply referencing the mere option of sharing anonymously.

Then, in addition, @Emilie Zawadzki  you are referencing Team Managed projects which work completely different than "normal" Company Managed projects. The name shows, it's meant for *Teams*. Working with external, anonymous users isn't quite in the team scope.

@Emilie Zawadzki you can create a Company Managed project and let your customers create issues in that. But they won't be able to see the Board view.

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2024

Hi @Emilie Zawadzki , I have found the documentation for how to grant anonymous access to Jira but, as @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ and @Trudy Claspill have confirmed, this is valid only for company-managed projects.

So, if you want to render a project viewable and to create issues for users who are not logged-in / do not consume a license, you will need to follow this guide -

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-allow-users-to-create-issues-anonymously-192551.html

I just tested this and I found that you cannot anyway access the project through a direct link. I had to access the link to the product, like this

https://yourinstance.atlassian.net/jira/projects

Where I was able to get this view - 

image.png

You will note that these are all company-managed projects that share the same Permission scheme, to which I just granted public access to the Browse project and create issues permissions. In order to allow the public users to create, you will need to make sure the Reporter field is on the create screen for the project as this is required and people who aren't logged in won't be populated automatically as Reporter.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events