Share a filter: save button not working

Marina Chilczenko January 27, 2020

Hello, 

I just created a filter and when I try to share it, I can't do that as the "Save" button doesn't work.

Steps:

1. Create a filter
  2. Go to Manage Filters, click on the 3 dots on the right and select Edit
  3. Select the correct Access group and click on Add
  4. Click on Save: this is not working and it's showing the error below

Has anyone had the same issue? Did you find a workaround to make it work?

I tried in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. I don't have AdBlock in the browser (saw that it was one of the causes for a similar issue to happen)

Error when clicking save.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Hello @Marina Chilczenko 

Can you check with your administrator if your have the permission to share filter and dashboard in your instance ?

Hello @Mohamed Benziane Thanks for your reply. I'm the JIRA admin in my instance. Also the other 2 admins are having the same issue. Thanks!

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Be the admin doesn't mean that you have this permission, you still have to check. (jira setting>system>globalm permission).

Check if you have this problem with other filter. Try to create a simple JQL and save it.

Like Carolina SILVA likes this

You're a star @Mohamed Benziane - I checked on the Global Permissions and there was no roles with that permission (someone might have removed it as we used to be able to do that). I added that and now the issue is fixed. Thanks sooooo much! :D

Like Mohamed Benziane likes this
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2020

I'm very happy i could help you. Feel free to accept the answer in order to help other members who may have the same issue.

Like Marina Chilczenko likes this

Suggest an answer