It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Setup for web agency

Please help, I'm having trouble getting a suite that meet requirements of our small web agency with < 20 clients.

How can I accomplish this basic workflow:

I add a task "New menu" and assign client. Developer estimate it. Client ask when we can deliver, I check quick gantt chart, I see it should be done at Thursday at 14:30, and tell client "friday with possibility of thursday". Developer press "Start Timer" on the task GUI, start working, complete it, and press Stop Timer. End of month, I create a billing statment/time report saying "Client A - 2019-10-18 - New menu" with 2 h, and in end of summary, a total of all time, for this specific client. (optionally all clients in same list, grouped by "client, date" in that order).

How can we reach this?

Requirement breakdown:

- Need time handling (estimation + tracking, preferably start+stop function)

- Need reporting per client (for billing statements)

- Need to have some kind of planning/solve this issue: If I add a 3 hour task last in our pool of work, when will it be delivered? Preferably gantt style overview. 

Current suite:

- Trello for task handling (very happy with it, but missing time handling)

- Toggl for time handling 

- Integration between the two through Trello/Toggl Chrome extension 

- Shortcomings: 

- No overview of amount of workhours in pipeline (Trello lacking estimation + summary)

- Only vague idea when a new task will be delivered to client, due to not knowing current backlog/workload

- Trello only only one-way-sync time into Toggl, meaning estimation and time spent is in 2 separate systems that can not cooperate and give overview or reports.

- Time reports from Trello/Toggl integration look like this "2019-10-18 - https://trello.com...", 2 h, meaning I have to copy the entire sheet into excel and manually translate Url to human readable client-friendly description, for each task, for each client, for each day. Resulting in hundreds of translations every billing cycle. It takes multiple days and must change, that's why I'm here.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you