Setup for web agency

Web Agency X October 18, 2019

Please help, I'm having trouble getting a suite that meet requirements of our small web agency with < 20 clients.

How can I accomplish this basic workflow:

I add a task "New menu" and assign client. Developer estimate it. Client ask when we can deliver, I check quick gantt chart, I see it should be done at Thursday at 14:30, and tell client "friday with possibility of thursday". Developer press "Start Timer" on the task GUI, start working, complete it, and press Stop Timer. End of month, I create a billing statment/time report saying "Client A - 2019-10-18 - New menu" with 2 h, and in end of summary, a total of all time, for this specific client. (optionally all clients in same list, grouped by "client, date" in that order).

How can we reach this?

Requirement breakdown:

- Need time handling (estimation + tracking, preferably start+stop function)

- Need reporting per client (for billing statements)

- Need to have some kind of planning/solve this issue: If I add a 3 hour task last in our pool of work, when will it be delivered? Preferably gantt style overview. 

Current suite:

- Trello for task handling (very happy with it, but missing time handling)

- Toggl for time handling 

- Integration between the two through Trello/Toggl Chrome extension 

- Shortcomings: 

- No overview of amount of workhours in pipeline (Trello lacking estimation + summary)

- Only vague idea when a new task will be delivered to client, due to not knowing current backlog/workload

- Trello only only one-way-sync time into Toggl, meaning estimation and time spent is in 2 separate systems that can not cooperate and give overview or reports.

- Time reports from Trello/Toggl integration look like this "2019-10-18 - https://trello.com...", 2 h, meaning I have to copy the entire sheet into excel and manually translate Url to human readable client-friendly description, for each task, for each client, for each day. Resulting in hundreds of translations every billing cycle. It takes multiple days and must change, that's why I'm here.

0 answers

Suggest an answer