Setting up project management board for client

Alyssa Benson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

We currently use Jira Software and Jira Service Management. We also currently use Asana as a way for clients to see what we are working on for them categorized by either sprints or status. Is there a way to replicate that sort of functionality in Jira? If a project was created for each client for them to add/update cards, would we also be able to link cards created for DevOps so that they could see them there too or would we have to create cards in both Service Management and in the client individual project?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Alyssa Benson 

Just to confirm, you want to...

• Have a Project per client, with restricted access
  • To link issues in these Projects to a central, internal Project (DevOps)
  • Have these linked issues visible to client users

...is that correct?

---

I assume the client users would not have direct access into DevOps? If they do not have at least the Browse Projects permission, they won't be able to see the details of those issues.

You could work around this though using Automation, for example...

• Clone DevOps tickets into the client Project, and move data between the clone and the DevOps ticket automatically
  • Provide all client users access to DevOps, but hide all issues using an Issue Security Scheme. Set security levels (one per client), and then use Automation to allow access for clients to specific issues, based on them being linked to a client issue
  • ...etc

---

Let us know what you think!

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS