Setting up incoming email and whitelist

Jennifer Dumble October 9, 2019

I would like for incoming emails to create a new comment on the JIRA issue and I have a separate mail handler that creates new JIRA issues from emails. How do I whitelist all the email addresses they may be coming from? There are over 700 emails (all with the same @lanecc.edu). I tried regular expressions and wildcards and that didn't work. So far the only success is when I whitelisted a complete email address like mine "dumblej@lanecc.edu" Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hello, 

You can whitelist a domain by adding it in the Incoming Mail page, in the Advanced Configuration section (bottom of the page). I imagine this is what you have been doing so far. 

To add a whole domain to your list you need to skip the @ character. So in your case you will add: "lanecc.edu" and save.

Jennifer Dumble October 9, 2019

Thanks that worked! This forum is so helpful! I really appreciate the quick responses. And know that I looked for about an hour for documentation and trying different settings before posting here. THANK YOU!

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

No worries, glad I could help!

niiampim darko July 2, 2020

Hi Zoi_Raskou, I am unable to configure Incoming mail successfully. The error i get is as below

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below

ConnectionException: * BYE Jakarta Mail Exception: java.net.SocketTImeoutException: Read timed out

Kindly assist me

Suggest an answer