Set specific watchers with post function and allow users to add watchers during create

Deleted user August 4, 2015

One of our workflows requires a few users to be automatically added as watchers when a ticket is created.  Additional users may also need to be watchers and might be added during creation.  I've added a post function to the Create step to add the required watchers, selecting the new "Append value" feature.

Unfortunately, during issue creation, if the reporter manually adds a watcher to the field, they receive the following error:

Error creating issue: Unable to update custom field customfield_10230 - Watchers in issue [SETUP-8].

It turns out that the tickets are actually being created, and the manually added watcher is included, but the post function watchers are not.

Here are the post functions for the create step:

1. Creates the issue originally.
  2. The value mickey.mouse, minnie.mouse, donald.duck will be appended to field Watchers, or set if it is a multi field.
  3. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  4. Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

Here is the description of the new "Append Value" option:

If set, the given value will be appended to the field. 
Or if field supports multiple values, then the given value will be set without unsetting other ones.

I've tried adjusting the post function value to include a leading comma, a trailing comma, both and no commas.  I've also tried removing the trailing comma from the watchers field when manually adding a watcher.

Looking for suggestions

Cheers,
Breon 

3 answers

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

We're on 6.4.2 and I don't have Watchers listed under Custom Fields. Thanks though! I'll keep looking.

0 votes
Deleted user August 25, 2015

It's an option in JIRA 6.4.x (possibly earlier versions). http://i.imgur.com/PaWbMxg.png

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Where did you see the Watchers field where you could update or append the value? Is this out of the box, or did you install the Watchers Field plugin from the marketplace? -Kelly Schoenhofen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events