Set security on an issue jira software 7.2?

Hi, I found the documentation on how to set up a security scheme in JIRA Software (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-issue-level-security-829827025.html) but this only tells me how to set up the scheme, not how to control the security for an individual issue.  I found a description of that for 6.4 (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/setting-security-on-an-issue-720416296.html) but there's no security drop-down when I edit an issue in 7.2.  I'm quite sure I have permissions to set issue security, and I'm a member of the group I want to set the security to.

Was this feature removed?  Is it a bug?  Have I just not had enough coffee yet and I'm completely missing it?  

As always, help is appreciated!

Maya

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes

The issue security functions have worked the same way from JIRA 3 to the very latest.

As you've checked that you have the permissions, and you're a member of one of the levels, my best guess is that the "security level" field is not on the create/edit screen.

Thank you, I was looking for a built-in drop-down, not a field!  Not enough coffee, obviously.  smile

Not your fault Maya, I understoon the same way, I think documentation is not clear. After all explanation how to setup security there is no direct link on how to use it :/ Just saying :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

27,207 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you