Set first day of week to Monday on calendar widget

James Cox August 29, 2017

I could have sworn the first day of the week in the calendar widget used to be Monday.

Now it seems to be Sunday (???) and I can't find a setting to fix it.

2017-08-30 09_01_22-Log Work_ STGMP6-84 - JIRA.png

Turning off the week-of-year would be good too. This is a pretty irrelevant feature for time tracking and with the super-low contrast theme it confuses things.

7 answers

16 votes
Gustavo Cañizares January 26, 2021

It´s incredible that this bug is still not fixed.

THIS IS A BIG BIG BUG AND A BIG PROBLEM!!!

You are used to see "monday" as first day in every spanish located / translated software, as said above.

Won´t buy your product

Anton Bukov March 2, 2021

Agree, fix it asap

Like # people like this
Lysander March 1, 2022

@Anton Bukov  Hi. Where could I subscribe your notification when you fix this bug. 

8 votes
Juan_Miguel June 3, 2020

This not works, in Jira version v8.9.0.

We are evaluating the product for purchasing and are surprised that an "small" BUG from 2017 is still present in 2020.

We set ISO8601, and calendars always show us "sunday" as first day of the week.

This is a problem for spanish people, when working with Jira. You are used to see "monday" as first day in every spanish located / translated software, and Scrum Masters set a bad start / end day for Sprints because this bug.

Please, reopen this bug, is important for us.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a snapshot

incidencia-jira.png

Daniel Urban June 28, 2020
Like # people like this
6 votes
andre-m April 22, 2021

As of end of April 2021 the Look and feel -> Use ISO Date Picker option still doesn't affect the date picker in Jira. Wow. That's pretty disappointing.

2 votes
Роман Копаев March 3, 2021

The problem is also relevant for the Russian language. All dates are displayed randomly and the settings either do not affect them, or only affect some ... JIRA is starting to be very disappointing :(

0 votes
Martin Kottisse January 24, 2024

This is a "solution" to all those Jira Cloud users who have set their language to non US and ISO8601 for date pickers, but still cannot have European Monday first date picker in Sprint edit view. I'm a lucky first voter. What clearly looks a bug for me is a feature for Atlassian. Should be part of premium offer.

[JSWCLOUD-26227] Give an option to set the starting day in the Sprint calendar dropdown to other days like Monday or Tuesday etc.  - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

0 votes
m April 23, 2021

@James Coxcould you please change status of question to "not answered"?

James Cox April 23, 2021

Done.

0 votes
tomd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2017

Hello James,

Regarding to the first day of the week:

1. Administration > System > User Interface > Look and Feel
  2. Scroll down to the "Date/Time Formats" section
  3. Look for Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker and select the checkbox
  4. Update the field value

For the week-of-year it looks it's not possible to disable it without a deeper customization. A full documentation of the date picker is available here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/changing-the-due-date-input-format-192536.html

Tom

Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie October 25, 2018

This does not seem to work. My setting is (and was already) as described, but still Tuesday is the first day of the week as displayed in the date picker.

Setting date picker.pngdate picker starts on Tuesday.png

Like # people like this
Krystyna Wojtyna October 25, 2018

Hi @tomd , @Ward Schwillens_ Schwillie , there seems to be a bug in the newest Tempo version. 

The Tuesday as a starting day of the week started appearing after our Tempo was updated to the newer version. Previously it was properly showing Monday.

Lisa F [Vfin Consultant] October 29, 2018

Same thing happens at our site after upgrade! Seems like they have released a hotfix for it: https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SERVERNEWS/pages/303104112/2018-10-15+Tempo+Timesheets+for+Server+8.15.1+Release .

m March 17, 2020

Doesn't work

Like # people like this
Paul Seyfert October 4, 2021

@TomD there does not seem to be a menu Administration > System > User Interface > Look and Feel in any of "Personal settings", "Profile", "Account settings".

Is the *user* interface something that users can't configure for themselves and I need to bother my admin setting that for me?

2021-10-04-103959_185x277_scrot.png

Suggest an answer