Set field value from Javascript

Hi,

We need to be able to set the value of the Due Date based on the values of several others. In Jira 4.0.1 we do this using Javascript in the description of the Due Date. This sets the Due Date value using:

document.forms.jiraform.duedate.value = return_val;

However in Jira 5 this is not working. I have verified the return_val is being set - it is in the form dd/mmm/yy e.g. 10/Dec/13.
Please could someone suggest an alternative method.
Thanks,
Martin.

5 answers

1 accepted

What about creating a listener to manage all events from you project?

If JS doesn't work for you, this may be a valid alternative.

The listener should check if the event is coming from a "controlled project" and check if the due date equals to calculated due date ...

some examples

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Writing+JIRA+Event+Listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+Library

Hi,

I have decided to use a Groovy script as a post-function and have this working for one transition where the dependent fields can be modified. However it is not working when I add it as a post-function to the Create transition. The script uses the following:

MutableIssue mutableIssue = (MutableIssue) issue;
def setDueDate = mutableIssue.getDueDate();
// Calculates newDueDateCal based on other field values

Timestamp dueDate = new Timestamp(newDueDateCal.getTimeInMillis());
mutableIssue.getPriorityObject();
log.debug "Setting Due Date to " + newDueDateCal.format("dd/MMM/yyyy");
mutableIssue.setDueDate(dueDate);

The script is running and calculates a newDueDateCal correctly, as shown by the debug output. However the issue that is created does not have the Due Date set.

Thanks,

Martin.

Thanks, that works.

How do I accept this answer?

Check the "tick" mark near to the response.

Glad to see that worked!

Maybe you could use jira behavoiurs plugin?

From the plugin description:

The behaviours plugin allows an administrator to create one more or behaviours, which can be thought of as "Behaviour Schemes". A behaviour defines how fields behave. Some examples of behaviours are:

Setting a field value dependent on other form data

share your javascript which used in jira 4.0, will help to make it work on jira 5.x

Ensure that your postfunction is the first in the postfnction list, on the create step ... https://confluence.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/290750897

Thanks, that works.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,183 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot