Set conditional status creating new issue based on priority

Emanuel Marzini
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2019

I want to setup my jira in order to put new issue in "backlog" status by default, but if the issue is created with "highest" priority I want to put this one in "Selected for development" directly.

Just to clarify, my ideal cloumn in board (and related status) are:

Backlog

Selected for development

In progress

Done

It's ok also find a solution to pass the issue from "backlog" to "Selected for development" when the priority is "highest"

Thanks a lot

2 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2019

Hi @Emanuel Marzini ,

using builtin feature you can not do that. You can develop your own postfunction for this purpose or use a third part plugin like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions?hosting=server&tab=overview

In particular for JMWE, there's a transition issue that can be setup  using a conditional rule (https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/73302064/Conditional+execution+validation+using+a+Groovy+expression)

Hope this helps,

Fabio

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Hello,

If you have Jira Service desk, then you can use the Jira Service Desk Automation feature. If you do not have it then you would need an app like Power Scripts, ScriptRunner, Automation for Jira or any other similair app.

If you want to use the Power Script app, then you could create a post function with a code like this:

if (priority == "Highest") {

autotransition("Selected for development", key);

}

Suggest an answer