Set all my new users to use "old" user interface

Keith Winton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2018

No one at my organization has used Jira, so this is not a case of old habits--they simply cannot understand and effectively use the new interface...they spend all their time trying to figure out where to find something.

We're just starting out on Jira, and this is creating a bad first start for them; is there some way I can set all of our users to stay on the old interface, and not get asked to use the new one?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2018

Hello Keith,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The new experiences (including navigation) across Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Stride are motivated by years of customer frustration around complexity and usability problems. To validate these changes, over the last year we split-tested multiple experiences, worked with hundreds of customers (from beginner to advanced levels of expertise) and chose an extended opt-in period. We continue to analyse qualitative and quantitative customer data including community threads and support tickets like this.

The revised information architecture focuses on the most frequently performed tasks and navigation paths. You can now use the search panel (via the magnifying glass icon in the sidebar) to navigate quickly to recently visited boards, issues, filters, and projects. Less frequently performed tasks and navigation paths may require an additional click. Making this call - and the decision to now retire the old experience - was not easy, but we stand behind it as we work towards a more intuitive Jira and a more cohesive experience across Atlassian products.

On the past few months, all Jira customers were switched over to the new experience. We are committed to working with you through this change. If you run into any functional issues, please let us know.

Also, check our YouTube Channel to find many videos with valuable information that certainly will help your team to work with Jira.

Thanks so much for your patience as Jira grows into a simply powerful tool for you and your teams.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer