ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce & Jira - Map Custom People Field to field from Salesforce

Irina Ivanova October 27, 2020

Hello guys,

I am trying to map a custom people field from jira issue to salesforce but I have the following problem:

So this is the custom field I want to map:

Screenshot_1.png

And I am trying to mapping it from the binding settings from the object: 

Screenshot_2.png

But when I go to value mapping Jira doesn't even suggest me the available users in the system:

Screenshot_3.png

When I try to populate the field from the jira interface it suggests the users:

Screenshot_4.png

I have previously configured it to map assignee to owner id and it worked with no problem but in this case I wanted to be custom people field in Jira to owner id of salesforce object. 

Even if I copy the jira user id from previous configuration the integration fails.

Am I even able to do this for existing users or they can be mapped only for reporter and assignee fields?

When binding fields I have noticed that the field type for the assignee is user and the type for the custom people field is type array<user>. Can this be one of the possible reasons for failure?

Any info is very welcomed.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Lew [ServiceRocket]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2020

Hi @Irina Ivanova

Yes, you are correct. array<user> field type is not supported by the connector yet. 

We have this feature request raised in our Ideas Portal:

Perhaps you can upvote it and leave your thoughts in a comment, for our products team review.  

Thanks!

Irina Ivanova October 30, 2020

Thank you for your answer Kevin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders