Service Desk Report within JIRA

Jeroen van Arkel June 30, 2022

Hello, i am looking for a report and found out that JIRA has a lot of them. But which one would fit me?

I have asked one of my employees to gather info on tickets. We as a company are trying to not only use JIRA, but also want to improve on services. So we need to know how many tickets are in total. total by day, week, month. The priority of the ticket. starting time and duration till done/closed. all kinds of info so we know how much work is gets in and how much is being solved and solved according our priority resolvement times.

If possible i would like to be able to select those criteria, otherwise i will get a report which might not have al the criteria i want and shows un wanted info as well.

Other wise we will have to build the report our selves, but i believe there are more people lik me who need to show their management on how much gets in en done etc.

4 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

I'm suggesting you use @Jack Brickey's approach to creating a Dashboard and using various gadgets to fill your JSD report needs. 

If you need a detailed metrics breakdown, you may need additional tools like Dashboard Hub, Reports - Charts and Graphs, or Custom Charts for Jira - Reports (an app made by the company I'm working for). 

The team behind Custom Charts is currently working on improving and expanding all JSD/JSM reporting use cases as well as adding more rich functionality to features like Shared Dashboards and Issue List.

You can see an example Support Dashboard in Custom Charts's documentation.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 7, 2022

Hi @Jeroen van Arkel 

If you're up for trying an addon, I suggest you give a try to our solution Dashboard Hub for Jira - Reports & Charts, with which you'll save time and headaches. I quickly made a dashboard according to your requirements :) 

image (1).png

(There aren't "Start Date" and "Time to Done" dates because these are example issues, but you'd see them with your data)

This dashboard was made with the JQL custom charts gadget, which empower you to build and visualize whatever piece of data you need. Its configuration for these concrete gadgets looks something like this:

Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 13.20.35.png

Feel free to see this same dashboard live shared with this unique link (which could be protected with password), ideal for customer reporting.

Hope it helps :)

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

I recommend you play around with creating a dashboard. There are a lot of different gadgets that you can tie into. I would recommend the following as a starting point:

• Created versus resolved – this gadget will show you how many issues are created on a daily basis (or weekly monthly) versus what is resolved on a daily basis.
  • Two dimensional - with this gadget you can create a table illustrating various criteria. For example Assignee by Status.
  • pie charts - this is a good way to illustrate total number of issues by category 

there are many more gadgets to explore.

0 votes
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Apart from above mentioned report you will also likes:

• Recently Created Issues Report 

Shows the number of issues created over a period of time for a project or filter, and how many were resolved. This helps you understand if your team is keeping up with incoming work.

• Resolution Time Report

Shows the length of time taken to resolve a set of issues for a project or filter. This helps you identify trends and incidents that you can investigate further.

• Single Level Group By Report 

Shows issues grouped by a particular field for a filter. This helps you group search results by a field, and see the overall status of each group. For example, you could view the issues in a version of a project, grouped by Assignee.

Note that there is a display limit of 1,000 issues for this report.

• Time Since Issues Report

For a date field and project or filter, maps the issues against the date that the field was set. This can help you track how many issues were created, updated, etc over a period of time.

Suggest an answer