Service Desk - Moving an Issue based on Keywords

Hello,

We have two Service Desk projects. Each handle different requests. I was wondering if it was possible (preferably out of the box) to automatically move an Issue that is created based on the Summary line.

For example, lets say we have two SD projects. One called Hardware, the other called Software. If someone emails our email channel with 'Software support' in the subject, the automation detects 'software', and automatically moves it to the Software project. We only have one email address for our end users to reduce confusion on which service desk they need to contact.

1 answer

0 vote
Brant Schroeder Community Champion Sep 26, 2017

There is no default automation to move issues between projects.  I would suggest having a single service desk project and moving the issues between queues.  This can easily be automated using the automation rules in the service desk.

I see what you are saying, but we are already well into production with two separate projects. We have two separate teams entirely with different automation rules, SLAs, and others, hence the need for two projects.

Do you know if it is possible with an add-on?

Thanks!

Brant Schroeder Community Champion Sep 26, 2017

I don't know if there is a add-on that will do this.  We run six teams out of a single service desk and started off with multiple.  They have distinct queues, components, SLAs, and workflows.  We use email aliases to help filter and automate email requests.  We use the portal as our main end point to ensure we get good information from the customer and so they can self service.  Combining was not that hard and just took a little training.  

Depending on your organizations structure that might not be the way to go but to move issues the agents have to be agents in both projects. So really the visibility is the same.

How did you achieve automation with separate aliases? I am working toward this myself.

I have this need, too, and created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5748 to capture the request.

Brant Schroeder Community Champion Nov 20, 2017

We have multiple IPs pointing to our service desk email address.  When they come in the alias email address is added as a request participant.  I am then able to use automation to look for that user as a request participant.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,237 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot