Server to Cloud Migration

Bastien Delourmel April 12, 2024

Good morning,

We operate with Jira Software Server (v9). I am currently assessing the instance but I have a few questions:

• Emails
    We have several dupliacate emails as:

2 accounts for 1 email (those two accounts are active) (36 tickets are associated)
1 active account and 1 inactive account for 1 email
26 inactive accounts for 1 email (938 tickets are associated)

Does the inactive accounts can affect the migration?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

2 votes
Evgenii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2024

Hi, @Bastien Delourmel 

I won't affect migration. During migration process in Cloud instance will be created account for every user, which is mentioned in issue somehow. It doesn't matter is he active or inactive, account will be created.

Victor Law
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2024

Hi @Bastien Delourmel

Yes, inactive user accounts will not affect the migration, as mentioned by @Evgenii 

To reduce the number of unnecessary users created, I would suggest bulk updating/reassigning the tickets associated with inactive users. 

0 votes
Kelsey LaMastres _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 15, 2024

hey @Bastien Delourmel - if you're open to using 3rd party apps, I recommend checking out Configuration Manager for Jira (CMJ) Cloud. There's a custom mapping feature that enables you to have granular control over how users (and other configs) are mapped between source and target. 

Marketplace listing where you can get a 30-day free trial: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira-cmj 

Use Case Page and Video: https://appfire.com/products/use-cases/modify-configuration-mapping-cloud-migration 

I hope it works for you! Happy migrations!

-Kelsey

Suggest an answer