Separate workflows in Team-managed project

JRodney Estrada July 8, 2021

Anyone avail to confirm whether or not issue types in team-managed projects can have their own workflows? I found documentation that states 'yes' but I get a red circle with a slash when I hover over to change the issue type when saving the workflow.

I'm a project admin and can make other workflow changes successfully.

Is this dependent on the plan- Standard vs Premium vs Free?

Team_Managed_Project_Ducumentation.PNG

Saving_Workflow_Fail1.png

Documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/workflows-in-classic-and-next-gen-projects/

Many thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

As of this moment you can only have two workflows in a TMP one for Epics and one for all other issue types.

JRodney Estrada July 12, 2021

Thanks @Jack Brickey . The documentation is a little misleading when it says 'each request type can have it's own workflow'. Appreciate the insight!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

@JRodney Estrada , the link you provided above, and the associated image, reference JSM not JSW/JWM. In JSM you do have individual workflows per request type

JRodney Estrada July 12, 2021

Whoops, good catch!

Suggest an answer