Our jira-users are a part of the Browse User Global Permissions. User's can enter @username , select a user, and continue entering the comment. However the email send process is inconsistent. The recipients, also part of Browse Uses, don't always get the email.
Does a separate Mail Handler need to be set up for this function? All other email functions, including the Share function works fine.
@Keith Howard -
setup questions - JIRA version, install type?
Commenting questions: Are these comments all added via the same process (i.e. just clicking the 'add comment' button when browsing an issue, or does your team also have JIRA Agile installed and sometimes comments are added from the Rapid Board view?
I'm looking for a bug where comments containing user mentions added from within JIRA Agile do not properly generate notifications - I'm not having much luck yet but I suspect that to be the problem if it is not permissions.
NOTE: the Browse Users global permission only controls whether the user can see the full list of JIRA users - it doesn't mean they can browse every project. So if you mention a user on an issue in a project they cannot access, they receive no notification for the mention.
These pages might be of help:
Then there's this page that talks about a problem with mentions & notofications dated 02 May 2015
You should look at that last link but in case you don't here's the list of causes they have:
- There're 2 possible causes:
- The user who is trying to mention another user does not have Browse Users global permission, which is required to browse (populate) users
- A bug as reported in JRA-28081 - @Mention failed if the user mail visibility is set to Hidden Resolved
- This is caused by Zephyr plugin, as reported in JRA-41358 - @ Mention used to allow selection w/ Enter key - now needs mouse click Resolved
- The field where the user is being mentioned is not using Wiki Style Renderer
- There're several possible causes for this:
- the outgoing mail server is not functioning
- the mentioned user does not have Browse Project permission
- the issue where he's being mentioned has a security level that restricts him from viewing it
Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team. I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs