Sending notifications to specific project group at issue creation

Laura Braswell August 27, 2015

We have different support teams that look into the same issue type, but assigned to different projects and want to get notifications configured that will achieve the following:

When issue type A is created in Project B, need to notify Support Group B

When issue type A is created in Project C, need to notify Support Group C

Have tried to do this with adding watchers post functions and also via notification schemes, but those are limited in how we can assign things to specific groups for specific projects. Will add that our projects all use the same workflow and notification schemes

Any advice?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Anthony August 27, 2015

Hi Laura,

It sounds like what you need to do is actually create new custom events. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/adding-a-custom-event-185729657.html

So create a "Notify Group B" event and a "Notify Group A" event. Make two copies of the workflow, one for each project. In your workflow at the issue created area, go to postfunctions and edit the generic event. Place your proper event in here and you should be fine. I hope this helps!

0 votes
Pete P January 15, 2016

Hey Gabrielle, I have similar question however slightly different.  In my case I have a single issue type but each department wants to be notified about issues created by users in their department.    In other words "department A" doesn't want notifications about "department B" issues. What is the best way to handle this? 

I have a role set up called "Department A Watchers", I added this role to my project notifications scheme, however they get all the notifications, not just those specific to their department.

Many thanks in advance you have been very helpful in the past.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2015

How about using the Project Roles? Put the 'group-b' in the project role for Project B and Put 'group-c' in the project role of Project C where in the Role receives the email that you need.

Suggest an answer